Malfoozaat of Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi(R.A.)
Hayaatul Muslimeen(Life of Muslims)
Malfoozaat of Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi(R.A.)
* The commercial peers (spiritual guides) say that they will not divulge the special mysteries without one becoming bay't to them. This is nothing but their fabrication. Indeed, what are the special mysteries?
Which they will not divulge? Most certainly, whatever mysteries were essential (for Muslims) were delivered to the world by Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) from the hilltops, from the mimbars and in public. In fact, whatever 'special mysteries' they (the commercial mentors) claim to know of' - mysteries which are apart from what Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had divulged - are evils. By means of such evils they are desirous of trapping people in their pernicious nets of deception. Most assuredly, they are unable to publicly divulge such evils. Indeed, their 'special mysteries' are such
evils which they can not divulge even after one has become bay't to them, for no one will divulge his own faults and evils.
* The majority of these customary 'spiritual guides' are ignorant. They speak whatever notoriety comes to their lips. They consider initiation into the Path to he sufficient for salvation.
* The commercial peers are adept at schemes to strangle people (i.e. destroy their Imaan).
* It is indeed grave and highly dangerous to give up one's Math-hab for a worldly motive, e.g. a Shafi becomes a Hanafi or a Hanafi becomes a Shafi merely for some worldly reason.
* There is no difference of opinion (among the authorities of the Shariah) regarding the: Nuzool (descent from heaven) of Nabi Isa (alayhis salaam). There is ijma' (Consensus) on this belief. Only the Qadiani who himself claimed to be Nabi Isaa has denied the Nuzool of Nabi Isaa (alayhis salaam).
* Do not commit sins and death will be easy for you. Do not incur debt and you will lead a free life on earth.
* During these times some people are proclaimed as pious and learned. However, they divert their children into the pursuit of secular education. I am sure that such people regret even the fact that they are 'Aalim'. They must be wondering: 'why did we acquire this (Deeni) knowledge? Why did we not acquire English education?' Indeed, this condition is highly dangerous, for they are denigrating and despising the Knowledge of the Deen in their hearts. May Allah Ta'ala have mercy on them and may He guide them.
* In their mission of proclaiming the Haqq, the pious Ulama and Auliya whom we follow never feared the criticism of those who insult. There is only one attribute in our Ulama, which people dislike, viz., their stand of proclaiming the Truth. Truth is always bitter. This is what we love so much. Thus, there is no scope for detestation.
* In this time, the women of (most nations have been overtaken by the malady of immodesty.
* Leave alone the public -- even Ulama have become entangled in the prevailing political confusion. They too have exceeded the bounds (of the Shariah). Much of the deviation (dhalaal) prevailing nowadays has spread as a result of such U lama (who violate the Shariah in their political pursuits).
* Today is the age and reign of atheism and materialism. The poisonous effect is such that respect and honour for Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) are being banished from the hearts (of Muslims).
* In the majority of cases, corruption is the consequence of increasing association (i.e. striking up unnecessary association and relationship). Association with others should be reduced to the degree of necessity.
* To cherish long and distant hopes is evil.
* For liquidation of debt, recite after Esha, "Yaa Mughni" eleven hundred times. Before reciting this, recite Durood Shareef eleven times and after completing the recital of "Yaa Mughni", again recite Durood Shareef eleven times. This has been prescribed by Hadhrat Hajee Imdadullah Saheb (rahmatullahi alayh).
* Emulating the westerners has become thoroughly ingrained (in Muslims). Appearances, ways and styles of the west have become the lifestyle of Muslims.
* Nowadays the ailment of futility (nonsensical and useless acts and talks) has overtaken people.
* People are excessively obsessed with dreams. Their concern for things, which they dream, is greater than their concern for things, which affect them during their state of wakefulness. How confused are they!
* The occupation of people of Bid'ah is to perpetually criticise and condemn others. They never speak or do anything beneficial. They lack Deen and they lack understanding.
* Shariah and Tareeqat are both the same thing. There is no conflict between the two. Thus, Tasawwuf (which is another name for Tareeqat) is not at variance with the Shariah.
* Durwaishi (Tasawwuf or Tareeqat) is to obey the Commands of Allah Ta'ala fully. The gain of Durwaishi is the obtainal of Allah's Pleasure.
* Durwaishi requires total obedience to the Commands of Allah Ta'ala, be such commands external, e.g. Salaat, Saum, etc., or internal, e.g. Sabr, Shukr, etc,
* Neither kashf (inspirational revelation) nor karaamat (miracle) is a requisite of Durwaishi.
* Kashf and karaamat are incidental to some Auliya while not to others; it is not necessary that every Wali demonstrate acts of kashf and karaamat.